Cleveland Quartet Award
About the Award
Culminating a remarkable twenty-six-year history as an ensemble, the members of the Cleveland Quartet envisioned a lasting legacy for young musicians. They joined forces in 1995 with Chamber Music America and eight prominent chamber music presenters to found the Cleveland Quartet Award and to raise funds for the establishment of the Cleveland Quartet Endowment Fund.
The award honors and promotes a rising young string quartet whose artistry demonstrates that it is in the process of establishing a major career. Providing the quartet with concert appearances on chamber music series around the country, the award enriches the presenters’ offerings while helping outstanding young artists gain wide recognition.
Concert presenters of the Cleveland Quartet Award winners are:
- Buffalo Chamber Music Society (Buffalo, NY)
- Carnegie Hall (New York, NY)
- Chamber Music Society of Detroit (Detroit, MI)
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery (Washington, D.C.)
- Friends of Chamber Music (Kansas City, MO)
- Market Square Concerts (Harrisburg, PA)
- Krannert Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL)
- University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX)
See the past recipients on our awards database.